Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agent composed only of water and oxygen. Like ozone, it kills disease organisms by oxidation. Hydrogen peroxide is considered the world’s safest all natural effective sanitizer. It kills microorganisms by oxidizing them, which can be best described as a controlled burning process. When Hydrogen peroxide reacts with organic material it breaks down into oxygen and water.
Hydrogen Peroxide Uses And Benefits
Your body makes Hydrogen peroxide to fight infection which must be present for our immune system to function correctly. White blood cells are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide as the first line of defence against toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses, and yeast.
Hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash and teeth whitener
* A tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide solution in a cup of water can be used as a mouthwash. Swish for up to 60 seconds once a day, but don’t swallow and be sure to rinse your mouth out afterwards. This can also help whiten teeth. You can also dip your toothbrush in 3% hydrogen peroxide and brush your teeth with it. Dipping your toothbrush in the stuff will also help to kill bacteria on the brush. It is the main ingredient in all commercial teeth whiteners.
Hydrogen Peroxide for colds and flu
* Fill the cap of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide with the liquid, lie down on your side, and pour it into one ear. After a few seconds, the liquid will bubble. Lay with the peroxide fizzing for 5 or 10 minutes, and then shake the peroxide out. Repeat on the other ear. You should experience results within 12-14 hours
Hydrogen Peroxide to clean wounds
* Use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize cuts and abrasions. The solution will start to fizz, but this is normal. It is killing off all the bacteria that cause infection. Rinse and repeat a few more times. Do not do this too often on the same wound; the hydrogen peroxide can start to eat through the new cell growth. Twice a day for three days should be sufficient to kill the bacteria without harming the new cells growing underneath.
Hydrogen Peroxide for acne, pimples and blackheads
* Use a clean cotton ball to generously dab hydrogen peroxide onto the skin. Do this twice a day, every day. Pimples are caused by grease, dirt, and gunk getting into your pores, hydrogen peroxide will help remove all of this without the need for chemically enhanced face washes. It is also extremely helpful for ingrown hairs.
Hydrogen Peroxide as a household cleaner
* Apply the solution to a rag to clean bench tops and cutting boards and help kill salmonella and other bacteria. Half fill a spray bottle with a solution and then top it up with water for use as a bathroom and toilet disinfectant and cleaner.
* Mix hydrogen peroxide with two parts water in a spray bottle and use on areas affected by mould. You can try a neat solution for areas like bathroom tiling, but be careful on the strength in relation to painted items as it may bleach them
Hydrogen Peroxide to grow better houseplants.
* Mix up an ounce of hydrogen peroxide into a cup of water and spray the solution onto your houseplants. It will help them to grow greener and lusher
Warning: Hydrogen peroxide is available in many strengths, but for most household uses you will generally always use the 3% solution. Some commercially available “food grade” hydrogen peroxide is 35% pure. This stuff is highly corrosive and can be toxic or fatal if ingested. If you do buy the 35% solution, you can dilute it by carefully adding the hydrogen peroxide to distilled water.
There are much more uses for this wonderful solution, too many to list here. A simple Google search will have you uncovering a wealth of facts and uses. Used with vinegar or bicarb soda, the possibilities are endless. – Angela Soya